Did you forget to sign up for Writely before Google bought the program
and turned off registrations?
Did the same thing happen
to you with Google Analytics?
Fortunately, this time there is a way around the blockade. Simply find someone with a Writely account and ask them to invite you to collaborate on a document. Current Writely
users can invite up to 50 non-Writely account holders into the network using this simple workaround.
It's up to you to figure out how to talk your friends into sharing their invitations.
Writely is useful for:
1. Writing / editing documents from any computer with web access.
2. Blog posts since it generates HTML I can paste into our blogging application.
3. Collaborating on articles. Two people editing a document in real-time from two different locations is pretty amazing.
4. Proof reading content. Working off a single shared document rather than emailing documents is both faster and more efficient.
5. Version control. Mess something up? Just roll back to a previously saved version of the document.