« Google Promotes Blog Search to News Tab | Main | links for 2006-10-23 »

iTunes Download Problem

Have you ever had problems downloading songs on iTunes? Things were not working well for me on Saturday night while I scrambled to pick up some Bob Dylan for a party. The Essential Bob Dylan has 34 tracks. Only 3 downloaded successfully on the first attempt (Mr. Tambourine Man made it):

itunes-dylan-downloads.gif

The annoying part was the recurring error message (shown above) I received and had to acknowledge 31 times. Once through the first time, I had to click Pause then Refresh to give them another try. Then again . . . and again. More failed downloads, more clicking on error messages. I believe it took eight passes to bring down the two-disc set.

This is the first time I've had this problem. Is it a common issue? Ben seems to believe it is not and had no problem downloading the 477 tracks in The Complete U2. What has been your experience?

Comments

1. Posted by: Will Franklin on October 23, 2006 6:35 PM:

Apparently Time Warner customers nationwide are having difficulty accessing the iTunes Music Store.

2. Posted by: Ed Kohler on October 23, 2006 8:54 PM:

Will, that may have something to do with it. I'm a Time Warner user in the process of being switched over to Comcast due to some kind of market swapping. I don't know the deets, but I know that my bill recently changed to Comcast and I believe they haven't finished the transition yet.

3. Posted by: Devrand on October 24, 2006 6:03 AM:

Yes, I had the exact same problem, only in my case it began downloading the file then suddenly stopped responding to any command, freezing my computer several times.

4. Posted by: Sharon on October 31, 2006 8:48 PM:

Similar problem here. I downloaded iTunes 7.0.1 and then 7.0.2, and now I can download music I purchased on the iTunes Store. I've been working at it for about 16 hours over the last few days, and I have only been able to download 8 songs out of 22 on the album.

So who says Apple software is good? Apple must have some good politicians working for them.

5. Posted by: Will Franklin on October 31, 2006 9:31 PM:

Incidentally, my Honda Music Link TTS software doesn't work any more, since iTunes released its latest version. Very annoying.

6. Posted by: George on November 1, 2006 7:42 AM:

Since I upgraded to iTunes 7, I can no longer download purchased music. It loads forever (hours!) and the terminates with an error 3259. Apple support say that my network is broken which is not the case. I can download all other things via my network, high speed no problem. I also found hundreds of similar reports in the Apple forums so I rather think its the new version 7 that sometimes sucks. I am quite desperate, having stored thousands of CDs and purchased songs in my iTunes lib. Do I have to start looking for alternatives?

7. Posted by: Rob Jones on November 28, 2006 4:11 PM:

My Honda Link TTS doesn't work anymore either. I just spent several hours at the dealer until they plugged in an iPod with an older version and it worked fine

8. Posted by: CT on January 4, 2007 6:04 PM:

Bizarre coincidence - I am currently trying to download Bob Dylan, the Essential Collection, and I'm having the same problem. This version of iTunes tries to download 3 tracks at a time. It does help if you stop all but one download, but it is tedious. I've also had problems downloading games because of "time out" errors, so if iTunes is the cause, it seems to have changed something on my PC's settings.

Best of luck and I look forward to hearing the fix!

CT

9. Posted by: jr on January 12, 2007 10:12 PM:

New IPOD, Comcast high speed connection, surf the web no problem, time out error with nothing to show but $12.00 off my gift card. Doesn't anyone know how to correct the time out error?

10. Posted by: Jenn S on January 14, 2007 1:53 PM:

I have Rogers high speed internet. After getting a new ipod and itunes 7, I can download podcasts with no problems; however, I cannot download a purchased song. I keep getting the timeout error 3259 and apple support team is unable to give me an answer. I have been trying for over a week to download one song without success.

I was told others who have this problem download itunes 6 and then have no problems, but have yet to hear from someone who was able to fix the problem on itunes 7.

11. Posted by: robert on February 5, 2007 6:21 PM:

Time Warner customer also. Can download some songs but the download session will download some but not others. This is very annoying. Same problem with version 6 and now 7.02.16.

Apple sucks

12. Posted by: Dan on February 6, 2007 11:22 PM:

In reference to Jenn in comment #10, I have the exact same problem and Apples says its my connection. I can download no music. Ipod updates and other functions work just fine but when I made the switch from 6 to 7 I can download no music without getting the 3259 error. I hope this is fixed soon.

13. Posted by: dennis on February 15, 2007 8:54 PM:

i cannot download the itunes 7.0 program, without this program i cannot use my ipod...Any suggestions?

14. Posted by: Rob on February 16, 2007 2:04 PM:

I hadn't bought anything from iTunes in a few months. Yesterday I visited the site and was prompted to download the new version 7.0.2. After downloading and installing I bought 12 songs. I have been trying to download these songs for more than 30 hours now. I keep getting the 3259 error, network connection timeout. It will be a cold day in hell before I buy again at iTunes.

15. Posted by: Dan on February 19, 2007 4:08 PM:

I have shows that I have been trying to download for a week now. And everytime they start just fine but then error out with the 3259 error.

APPLE NEEDS TO FIX THIS!!!

16. Posted by: Ken on February 23, 2007 4:08 AM:

unable to download iTunes my provider is AOL could this be the problem

17. Posted by: Dvorak on February 25, 2007 1:49 PM:

We've bought several classical cd's in the store, and often one or two movements fail to download. For the time being we are unable to catch the third movement of a Dvorak symphony. The first two movements - no problems. The error-message is also 3259 timeout error. Occasionally a "tricky" movement can download without problems, but i have no idea why.
Apple suggest that we should download version 7.02, but we've already got that.
Hello Apple as anyone else! Any other suggestions?

18. Posted by: Dvorak on February 25, 2007 2:44 PM:

As mentioned above - have had serious problems with downloading music from the iTunes store. The error message 3259 has occurred several times.
I use a wireless LAN with a router from NetGear. Just after posting the comment above i tried to restart the router, to go for another try with the third movement. And suddently - it downloaded as fast as never before!
This may be an coincidence. But when the error 3259 occurs again i will certainly restart my router.

19. Posted by: Barbie on February 26, 2007 6:20 PM:

Hi All...
Ref ERROR 3259. I had this happen too and it was driving me nuts. I finally narrowed the problem down to something to do with EXPLORER 7. Once I removed internet explorer 7 (went back to the old version that came with the computer) the problem went away. However, I still have issues downloading some podcasts. After a couple of downloads, I get that annoying exclamation point error notice. Not sure what the problem is with that. ??????

20. Posted by: CK on March 4, 2007 8:34 PM:

I searched itunes error 3259 and came to this page after experiencing the same problem. Barbie is right. As annoying as it is, you have to remove IE 7. Once you do that you'll be able to download your songs.

21. Posted by: JT on March 5, 2007 8:46 AM:

I too am cursed with error message 3259, everything was fine- I'd downloaded dozens of songs and then suddenly I got that message. No wonder I never liked apple!!

22. Posted by: gina on March 6, 2007 2:45 PM:

did anyone figure out the issue with the honda music link?

23. Posted by: Joe on March 9, 2007 9:19 AM:

I found this thread through Google. My problem is that Windows is telling me that it is having a problem writing pod casts to my podcast folder. It says"Windows - Delayed Write Failed......Windos was unable to save all the data for the file D:\My Shared Folder\Downloads\Podcasts\NPR_Fresh Air for Monday, March 05 20.tmp. The data has been lost. The error may have be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection." Any suggestions on fixing this would be greatly appreciated. Please, do not post, "Buy a Mac." :-)

24. Posted by: Ryan on March 10, 2007 3:03 AM:

Still waiting on solution to the Error 3259 message. What's weird is that it's only with music. I can still download TV shows and videos with no problems.

25. Posted by: KIM on March 11, 2007 5:07 PM:

CANNOT DOWNLOAD ITUNES SUMFIN WRONG WITH VISUAL BASIC SCRIPT

26. Posted by: Brianna Starks on March 11, 2007 8:15 PM:

I tried over and over again and yet this same error kept on popping up. then a finally had it and stopped. If anyone has an answer to left this error and let it download please e-mail me bmonki4444@peoplpc.com. Thank you.

27. Posted by: Brandon on March 13, 2007 8:48 PM:

thats weird because I keep getting a 5000 error message,but I have itunes 7 also.hmm.......a 24 hour wait for a response from apple is too long,and I bet they'll just brush me off with some retarded off-topic answer......apple does suck

28. Posted by: terry east on March 15, 2007 9:32 PM:

What I find strange is that I can download the free song no probs.It's only the pay ones that I have the error message.Something tells me the problem lies with iTunes .

29. Posted by: Charles on March 17, 2007 2:21 PM:

I downloaded an audio book lastnight (after having purchased about 100 over the past few weeks). It was the "Star Wars: The Bounty Hunter Book 1". I came in two parts, I assume because it is 3 hours long, anyhow; part 1 does not play. I was promted there was an error during the download of part one. Part two downloaded with no problem. There was an arrow to the right of the title of part 1 and I clicked on it and it started the download again. I thought all was fine. It was on my list of purchased itunes, however; part one will not play! Part two plays fine. So I spent 12.95 or my hard earned money (Apple has more money then I do) for 45 mins worth of audio book. How do you get your money back or download again without being charged twice?? Their support offers no help at all. Customer service sucks in this day and age...i miss the good ole days.

30. Posted by: Baxter on March 19, 2007 9:48 AM:

i've been having the same timing out problem. i just tried removing internet explorer 7, and this solution works. i can now download music in itunes again.

31. Posted by: Richard Rubinstein on March 23, 2007 10:00 AM:

I saw your site. and i try to some different download and i got a problem and What I find strange is that I can download the free song no probs.It's only the play ones that I have the error message.Something tells me the problem lies with iTunes .
I suggest one site ..

Audio book

32. Posted by: Joe on March 26, 2007 10:22 AM:

UPDATE!:
I tested my HD that I have my iTunes songs on by going to a completely different site and downloded a game demo file of 300MB. I got the same "Delayed Write Failed" bubble and at that point I started to think about the problem being my HD. I decided to try and defrag my drive and it took 9+ hours to defrag 13%. Now that is weird, since only have a quarter of the drive filled. I installed a brand new 160GB drive and voila! problem solved. So my suggestion is to do a drive analysis before blaming software just yet. Hope this helps!

33. Posted by: David on March 26, 2007 11:21 PM:

Essentially same problem after installation of latest version of itunes, except that it occurs for me most often when i am seaching in "itunes store request" for some uncommon music . Message reads The Network connection times out. This is after only 30 sec.. The problem lies not with my connection nor my HD and I wonder, is apple even aware of this problem?

34. Posted by: Tami on March 31, 2007 1:23 AM:

I purchased a ipod video for my daughter today and I cannot get itunes to downloan properly/all the way. I am getting this message.... "Problem with windows installer package a DLL required for this install to complete could not be run contact your support personnal or package vendor" HELP??? who do I contact or what should I do??? This message came up after installing itunes for and hour and half.

35. Posted by: Ridz on April 1, 2007 1:50 PM:

I tried downloading this song, and it seemingly downloaded just fine, but when I tried to play it in ITunes it said that the length of the song was only 3 seconds. The second time I tried to play it it said that the length of the song was 0 seconds. Has anyone ever had this problem before? Any ideas how to fix it? I've deleted and re-downloaded the song several times and from different sources, but no luck. Help?

36. Posted by: Liisa Riihimaki on April 7, 2007 10:25 AM:

it is a nice and windy day. I have been on a wireless connection in Europe, trying to download an Audiobook from iTunes. Strangely enough I managed with 3 of the 4 parts/files - after about 5 errors "3259".
I have restarted the first file for about 15 times now, and keep getting the error - and since I was downloading two of the parts simultaniously, I am puzzled.
Can there be a problem with the file, though it is the same sixe as the others (35.1 MB)? What is most frustrating that the download does not start from the point where it failed, but each time it is from square one again.
What am I missing here? A FTP, but which one?
Otherwise it is a nice day.
Liisa

37. Posted by: Dan on April 7, 2007 8:57 PM:

I first posted here on Feb 6th, I finally found a fix for this tonight. My 3259 was coming from a conflict with McAfee security center. The fix was to open the run command, and type "services.msc", find McAfee Redirector and right click it and click stop. I can now download and use iTunes problem free. Thanks to the group of dedicated individuals who found this fix, with no help from apple and mcafees incompitent tech support!

38. Posted by: Meagen on April 11, 2007 5:49 PM:

I am so sick of this timing out problem on stupid itunes it's not fair that i paid 15 dollars for an itunes card and now i can't use it grrrrrr! i heard about deleting ie 7 but how do i know if i have it i am only 14 yr old and i am the computer genious of the family so no one can help me but u guys so if you can tell me how i can find out if i have ie 7 please contact me at meageriscool@hotmail.com pleasssse help me im begging you.

39. Posted by: D on April 11, 2007 8:05 PM:

I had the same problem and Dan's instructions worked! See post 37 for the answer. Problem Recap: podcasts worked fine, but my computer would NOT take any new songs. any/every download resulted in TIMED OUT/3259 error. System Info: New dell/Vista/ITunes 7.0

40. Posted by: Simone on April 13, 2007 6:13 PM:

To determine whether you have Version 7 of IE or any other program, click on "Help" under the address link; then select "About Internet Explorer" (or "About..." whichever program you are using). The program version will be shown, along with your ID number and other helpful information.

41. Posted by: Brandon on April 16, 2007 2:35 PM:

I tried doing the McAfee security center thing, but i'm not finding a run command. I have a gateway/vista/itunes 7.

42. Posted by: candicejh on April 20, 2007 4:40 PM:

instead of the timeout error, whenever i try to download a song, itunes stops it and says that the file may be corrupted. umm..hello??? this is with four COMPLETELY different songs. what is the deal?? this has been going on for a week and a half. what's going on? someone, PLEASE help me..candice_jh@yahoo.com

43. Posted by: ed on April 22, 2007 1:54 PM:

Recently tried downloading an album from itunes for the first time, they took my money and all i got was error 3259. running vista and itunes 7.1.1.5.
didnt wantr the hassle of uninstalling Iexplorer 7 so went with the SERVICES.MSC fix mentioned above.
restarted itunes and it is now downloading.
Thanks for the advice. What a hassle though, dont think i will be using itunes again!

44. Posted by: jeff mcdonald on April 24, 2007 2:39 PM:

had same error 3259 on i tunes download connection timed out this fixed my problem click run enter "services.msc" find mcafee redirect right click then click stop worked first time for me find info in comment #37 dan 4-7-07 goodluck jeff ps apple was no help at all

45. Posted by: Nicole on April 25, 2007 3:18 AM:

I also had the exact same error message. I tried the solution in msg 37 and it is now working. Thanks heaps!!! Apple was no help at all and steered me completely in the wrong direction.

46. Posted by: Britt on April 28, 2007 5:24 PM:

Yeah, how do ou rid yourself of IE 7? I am not sure...HELP!!

47. Posted by: candicejh on April 29, 2007 2:44 AM:

I do not have mcafee...i have bullguard. and i can't even download itunes 7.1.1. All I want is to listen to these songs I bought. I am having such a hard time with this...please...if anyone out there can help me, I DESPERATLY need it...please (I am the one with the "err=.00008 this file may be corrupted")

48. Posted by: eloisa on May 4, 2007 8:31 PM:

when i tried to download i tunes and quick time I receive a window indicating that I have an older version and the download does not finished????

I have two I pods and need this program??

Eloisa folloso

49. Posted by: Lesli on May 7, 2007 4:08 PM:

To #37, Dan, thank you! This fix worked for me!

50. Posted by: pam on May 9, 2007 12:05 AM:

I have been having the same problem with downloading music. I live in Africa so my internet connection is a little slower but not too slow to download a tv show. I cannot however download any music. I currently have about 60 songs I am trying to download. Did anyone find a way around this?

I contacted itunes and they blame the internet connection. I cannot see how it should be to blame since I can download a tv show. any ideas would help!

51. Posted by: jon on May 9, 2007 5:18 AM:

I just had a similar problem with error 5000 when trying to download an album. I recently moved from a PC to Mac and simply copied the files from the iTunes library on my PC to my Mac.

However, when I changed the permissions for all folders and subfolders under the Music directory, I was able to download the files with no problems.

52. Posted by: mshaha on May 13, 2007 2:50 AM:

Dsn# 37 - OMFG!!!! THANK YOU!!! I can finallly download the music I bought in December!

53. Posted by: rob on May 16, 2007 3:27 PM:

DID A REGISTRY CLEAN
SUSPECT REMOVED A DRIVE

TRIED TO OPEN ITUNES UNABLE TO OPEN ERROR CODE STATES
C:\DOCUME~1\Robert\Locals~\Temp\f714~appcompat.txt

TRIED SYSTEM RESTORE STATED
CHANGES MADE TO E DRIVE(S)AFTER THIS POINT CANNOT BE REVERSED BECAUSE THE DRIVE WAS EITHER EXCLUDED FROM SYSTEMRESTORE MONITORING OR WAS TURNED OFF OR REMOVEDN

54. Posted by: israel on May 26, 2007 10:35 PM:

hey dan #37 had itunes problem error 3259 did run command and now works really appreciate man

55. Posted by: SuperStar Siro on May 31, 2007 5:55 PM:

hi! i iused service advice, but i haven't mcafee so i started shutting down every suspicious service i found. now it seems to work. anyway this must be some kind of Apple problem, because before installing itunes 7.2 everything was working fine.

56. Posted by: John on May 31, 2007 7:55 PM:

It must be itunes. I have IE7 and previously had no problem downloading. I turned off my firewall, suppressed all microsoft items in start up (per an apple tech sheet), and still have the problem. I also ran the diagnostics in itunes and all is well; network connection not the problem. Like many of you, some songs got through initially, but it tries to download three at a time and none get through. I've tried downloading one at a time and still the 3259 error message. Someone recommended downloading an earlier version of itunes from oldapps.com. I didn't try that, but it's worked for some.

57. Posted by: naomi on June 5, 2007 11:51 AM:

Help! Where the heck is the "run command" on McAfee???

58. Posted by: naomi on June 5, 2007 12:40 PM:

Duh. Found "run" under the computer start menu--thought u guys meant to open McAfee and find it there. Anyway---IT WORKED, DAN THE MAN!! And thanks all the rest of you for posting your success. We're dancin again!

59. Posted by: Michael Bachmann on June 8, 2007 11:27 AM:

THIS IS THE WAY.... ALMOST TOO SIMPLE!

IT IS UNBELEIVEBLE THAT MS AND APPLE CANT PLAN THIS TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

60. Posted by: Josh on June 12, 2007 6:56 AM:

Hey guys, I was really excited to read the fix... but sadly, McAffee Redirector is not listed under my Services. I think I have already uninstalled everything by McAffee, so it's not listed anymore. Can you think of any other services that may be causing these issues? What other programs are similar to McAffee? Windows Defender? Things like that? Thanks!

61. Posted by: Justin on June 12, 2007 2:46 PM:

#37 just saved a computer from going through a window. Thanks!!

62. Posted by: Jim on June 14, 2007 11:21 PM:

I-tunes is terrible. What a scam. I upgraded to the newest version and bam, cannot download any songs. I tried the "McAffe Redirect" thing, but I don't have that listed in my directory services. That fact that apple refuses to admit they have a problem has just cost them a customer. What a bunch of jerks. Napster is my new friend. I hope this stupid timeout error really cost apple. Did I mention their customer service is pure crap!

63. Posted by: Ed Kohler on June 15, 2007 12:06 AM:

Jim (#63) your comments seem WAY over the top. iTunes is certainly not a scam. If you can't buy something, you're not charged, so while you may be frustrated, that's different from being ripped off.

64. Posted by: Daniel on June 15, 2007 9:04 AM:

when i download i tunes it says cant be installed missing dll

65. Posted by: simona on June 15, 2007 1:41 PM:

Hi all, I just discovered yesterday iTunes but since I started it has been a pain; I mean, not for them, because my money were immediately taken from my credit card! ;-)
Anyway, as someone already said, if you have the 3259 error you can continue your downloading just forcing song by song because if you continue to press the general download button...dio ti salvi...no way to sort it out!
Good luck

66. Posted by: Kristi on June 18, 2007 10:36 PM:

Dan you so totally ROCK! Thank you for post # 37! I haven't been able to download anything since February. THANKYOUTHANKYOU!

67. Posted by: EB on June 23, 2007 6:36 AM:

Post #37 solved my problem too.
THANK YOU!!

68. Posted by: AGA on June 26, 2007 7:56 PM:

Is anyone having this issue message when attempting to download from iTunes?

There was a problem downloading “Song Title”.

The file seems to be corrupted. To redownload the file, choose “Check for Purchases” from the Store menu.

69. Posted by: Chris B on June 27, 2007 3:48 PM:

post 37 worked first time for me

what a star Dan tried allsorts of stuff and got no response from apple in particular!!!

well done mate

thanks chris

70. Posted by: richard o rourke on June 27, 2007 6:17 PM:

i downloaded numb by j z and linkin park and it wont plat please fix

71. Posted by: Shrin on July 1, 2007 4:15 PM:

I bought a whole album, but it wouldn't download, so I decided to close iTunes and open it up again. When I opened it up again, I couldn't find it downloading, so I tried the "check your purchases" button, but it still can't find anything. I then went to my account, and found that I was still being charged for the album. So, can I still be able to download the album, and how?

72. Posted by: Tenneil on July 8, 2007 1:14 PM:

I did what Dan did but I dont have McAfee so I went in and quit everything that had to do with my antivirus with no results. But I am now sitting here in front of my computer and stopped every song but one and it seems to be downloading that way. Time consuming but it is working.

73. Posted by: ewb on July 13, 2007 12:34 PM:

I am having the same problem as #68. I have Computer Associates for my antivirus service so the McAfee advice didn't really help. If anyone has any advice please let me know. I also just got itunes 7.3 Thanks

74. Posted by: itunestroubles on July 14, 2007 3:11 AM:

My problem is a bit different. iTunes refuses to resume downloads from the place it stopped, and it stops on its own. I have downloaded 3.2 GB in the last 24 hours, but not finished downloading the 2 shows I have. Each time I ask it to pause, it goes back to zero. Same if there is any network wonkiness.

Any ideas how to solve this?

75. Posted by: christina on July 18, 2007 9:19 PM:

post 37 solves my prob with the connection timed out error. thank you so much!

76. Posted by: peter on July 21, 2007 11:18 AM:

Dan (#37), have you considered running for president?

77. Posted by: joey on July 25, 2007 2:35 AM:

For the CA Internet Security, turn off the Firewall Security. I recently downloaded the latest iTunes 7.3.1.3. I had the same problem. I did not have this problem before with the older version.

78. Posted by: kyla on July 25, 2007 8:35 PM:

Thanks, #37. You've solved an ongoing problem of mine.

79. Posted by: nancy on July 27, 2007 6:07 PM:

For CA Internet Security, I turned off Firewall Security and can now download from iTunes. Thanks to post #77

80. Posted by: Sharon on July 29, 2007 9:04 PM:

FYI, if you right click on Computer Associates in the botton right hand corner, then click the black arrow, you can snooze the CA anti virus and then go down and to CA personal firewall and temp disable, I was then able to download.

81. Posted by: podload on July 31, 2007 3:12 PM:

Get rid of iTunes, buy your music on cd, rip it, encode it as you like and use the free ipod software Poddox to get the songs onto your iPod. So I do...

82. Posted by: Bob Gill on July 31, 2007 8:07 PM:

Number 80 was the answer for CA. The Firewall will cause the download to abort. I temporarily disabled it as directed and wala. It's an inelegant solution but it works.

83. Posted by: Lance on August 2, 2007 2:16 AM:

I don't have mcafee I have Cox Internet Security Suite and I cannot find anything that says redirect or anything like that. Um I installed ie 7 and downloaded songs earlier this week and everyting ran fine. Until I started to notice that it that downloads and webpages on itunes increasingly took longer to complete. I need help!

84. Posted by: Mark on August 14, 2007 11:54 AM:

Had the typical 3259 error which completely prevented me from downloading from iTunes. Had never used MacAfee. I had suspected an IE 7.0 conflict as the problem developed shortly after "upgrading" to 7. Finally yesterday got frustrated enough to revert back to Internet Explorer 6.0 and as I had thought, the 3259 error is gone and I can download multiple songs simulaneously. It's a pain (I like tabbed browsing) but I'll just go back to using Firefox, or maybe try Opera. Hope this helps someone.

85. Posted by: Shelley on August 17, 2007 4:46 PM:

Help please have just purchased a new i-pod shuffle but when I try to charge it my computer says I have to download i-tunes 7.3 which is fine but I cant even do that. When I try to download it it takes a few seconds and then comes up with a screen saying congratulations on downloading i-tunes 7.3 but then when I try to charge my i-pod again it still says I have to download i-tunes 7.3 so it hasn't worked even though it says it has. Feel like throwing my computer and my i-pod away. Is not working because I only have dial up and not broadband?????

86. Posted by: Taiya on August 22, 2007 2:26 PM:

Oh my god I worship the ground this "Dan" walks on. His advice worked like a dream, after over 10 hours of trying to figure this out on my own!!!

87. Posted by: lindsay on September 7, 2007 4:37 PM:

I had problems when i bought my brand new ipod nano. I had an older verison of iTunes and my iPod would not sync. So i tried to download the newest version of iTunes, and i cannot. I need help.

88. Posted by: Nick on September 9, 2007 12:06 PM:

Dan your the f****** man!!

89. Posted by: Kimmi on September 9, 2007 1:51 PM:

i can go onto itunes and the page loads and everything, but i cant listen to the music! if i buy a song then it stops dowloading. i hit resume dowload and it stops again. this is all on the newest version of itunes and im really ticked off about this. can anyone help me?

90. Posted by: Rose on September 26, 2007 10:08 PM:

Dan (#37) you're a rock star! You solved my iTunes problem on the spot! Cheers :-)

91. Posted by: Aliyah Martin on September 28, 2007 5:50 PM:

ok.... EVERYONE TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM GO TO NUMBER 37 COMMENT ...Dan the man is exactly correct do what it says.. and i guarantee the problem will be solved. it worked for me. i havent downloaded music in a LONG time..thanks so much dan.. i appreciate the great info!!!!!!!

92. Posted by: Steve on October 3, 2007 11:11 PM:

I was getting the same error code. Unfortunately, I don't have EZ Armor, not McAfee, so the solution from post number 37 didn't work for me. However, I found a different solution that seems to work.

When you first setup I Tunes after the update, your firewall will ask several questions. One of the questions reads:

"I Tunes wants to act as a server."

To this, you will need to click Deny.

I've downloaded three songs now, and it seems to work fine.

93. Posted by: Turbo on October 18, 2007 4:44 AM:

This error is ticking me off. I don't have McAfee, so you can all stop praising Dan, thats not the solution for the rest of us. I don't bother using iTunes to buy music, I work in a CD store (gotta keep myself in business), but I always get the error when downloading podcasts. Without fail. And usually I have to manually restart the download 5 times. Now, one podcast refuses to start at all! I swear I'm buying a Zune if this doesn't get fixed soon. DON'T TRY ME, I WILL!!!!

94. Posted by: Rick on October 18, 2007 7:48 AM:

I think the error has a lot to do with what Dan #37 and Sharon #80 suggested. The problem appears to be related to interaction between ITunes and Anti Virus / Personal firewalls. I am running AVG antivirus and Sunbelt Personal Firewall and have been getting 3253 and 3259 errors for the past couple of months downloading various photography podcasts. Deleting the temp download files and redoing the download had no effect - always the same errors

After reading Dan's advice I tried disabling my AV and personal firwall earlier on today and now I am downloading these same podcasts with no problems at all. Not a good solution as it means that security is reduced / disabled, however as a work around I will keep doing it if needed.

Good luck
Rick

95. Posted by: Rick Afonso on October 18, 2007 1:19 PM:

Hi Everyone

Looks like I spoke to soon, the errors are back, 3253 and 3259. This is "EXTREMELY irritating!! I can only seem to get 1 podcast down out of every three downloads, and clearing the temp download files, and re-starting the download does not work either - the files stop again at exactly the same point.

AAAAARRRGGGH

96. Posted by: Damien on October 24, 2007 9:57 AM:

I was getting the same error. I called tech support from my cable company. We checked the connection directly from my cable modem and then with my wireless router. We found that the router was giving me fits. I then called Belkin tech support and we reconfigured my router from wpa to wep. I then disabled my firewall on my laptop. This is ok as the wireless router does have a built in firewall. This worked for my computer. I'm running a dell notebook with Windows XP. I hope this helps!

97. Posted by: Jen720 on November 6, 2007 1:44 PM:

As soon as I found the run command (I had to do a search for it.), I did exactly what Dan in post #37 wrote and my songs are downloading.

98. Posted by: Anonymous_Coward on November 16, 2007 2:14 AM:

And this is why people just steal music from p2p sites.
I discovered p2p and have NEVER been back to iStore. It iSucks

99. Posted by: Hannah on November 16, 2007 2:33 PM:

hey, when I try to buy a song from the itunes store, it purchases it, and then says an unknown error has occured (450) please check that network is active, and try again, its been doing this for the past 2 months or so, how do I fix it, because Im getting really annoyed.

100. Posted by: Mats on November 18, 2007 3:56 PM:

Thank you Dan and all of you! The solution worked! McAfee was the problem. I didn´t find services.msc on Windows Vista so I just uninstalled McAfee and installed another antivrus progra. And now Itunes works!

Mats
Sweden

101. Posted by: Brodie on November 18, 2007 4:16 PM:

I just got a new ipod classic but i need to download iTunes 7.5 to use it but when i try that, it gets about half way downloaded and then i get an error message that says something like it could not be saved because the file could not be read and then i check my internet connection and i am not connected anymore. And this is after it has been downloading for three hours. Someone please help me cuz i want to use my ipod

102. Posted by: Harmony on November 30, 2007 9:24 PM:

I have been having this time out error 3952 and -39 for about a week. Afte reading all of these coments and trying everything that my knowledge compelled me to do, i stumbled upon the answer:
Go to your Itunes Music folder in Windows Explorer. There should be a download Folder. Empty all pending downloads then go to Itunes and check for purcheses to restart downloads again. This will refresh the download, if you have already done everything else necessary of course, such as : disable web accelerator, Disabled Firewall or add itunes to the exclusion list.... so on. Once your connection problem has been established and resolved you need to refresh the download, and start over fresh. oakie doakie. Good Luck All, Im Stoaked That I dont have to F**K with this stuff anymore... sooo Long

103. Posted by: Phil on December 3, 2007 4:43 PM:

I get the error 3259 when trying to download podcasts from home where I have a Belkin router and wireless netword. When connected to most any other wireless network there is no problem.

104. Posted by: Terry on December 18, 2007 6:24 AM:

I just downloaded the newest version of iTunes on my Gateway Tablet PC last night and it took over 12 hours to do. I have a 1GB 2006 iPod and when I try to buy music from the ITunes Store I get a message that says " iTunes could not be connected to the iTunes Store. The network connection timeout. Make sure your network and your network connection is active, then try again." I have Insight Broadband and my connection is fine. I brought a MP3 Player out of desperation but I really want to use my iPod. Help!

105. Posted by: kit on December 18, 2007 7:18 AM:

i recently bought an ipod nano 8gb 3g. I tried downloading iTunes. In the middle of the download, it will stop and the note will say unable to do so. It's been 5 days since I,ve been trying to download itunes but to no avail. My OS is win xp sp2. am using broadband internet. Please please help. It's my first time to use ipod. Please email me at kit_otrp_yahoo. com. I'm from the Philippines. Thank you.

106. Posted by: blake on December 25, 2007 2:35 PM:

i get an error when i try to dl itunes 7.5 saying invalid f drive does anyone know what this means it gives me this error when i try to download other things too for example, ventrillo

107. Posted by: tim on December 25, 2007 11:47 PM:

i have a huge qustion to ask, i got a ipod for christmas i download and paid for a few TV shows but in the middle my comp crashed, i did that whole "Check for Purshues" and it kinda woreked but missed up agin, and now the Tv shows i bought are no longer there, PLEASE someone help me i dont want to have to rebuy what i bought, if i click buy will it charge my card agin ??

108. Posted by: annie on December 26, 2007 5:54 AM:

help me someone!!! i got a new ipod nano for xmas, and it needs itunes 7.5, but when i try to download it, it gets so far and then says "stopping services". then it will say "error 1921, ipod services could not be stopped, verify you have sufficient privileges to stop system servies" i dont have a clue whats going on and i've tried about 5 times! anybody know what i can do??

109. Posted by: Katrina on December 26, 2007 8:20 PM:

This is for no. 107. My suggestion is to email apple.com/support/itunes/store/browser if you purchased your shows from itunes. I bought my 13 year old an ipod nano and she has had no issues downloading music for 99 cents but she tried to download herbie fully loaded for 9.99 and it was taking at least 10 hours and kept going up. I called apple support and they said if you have dsl it should take around 5 minutes or so. They gave me the email above and of course there is no phone number to call. That is really a pain. So we emailed them this evening

110. Posted by: PK on December 29, 2007 9:28 PM:

I have been trying to download itunes to my sons laptop, but I keep getting a error message that says

You are trying to acdess a site that is secure. Your current Internet settings do not allow you acdess to this site.

What settings do I have to change to get this thing going?

111. Posted by: Judy on December 29, 2007 10:23 PM:

Oh my goodness I am so sick of seeing "The ipod HP Adminisrators ipod cannot be synced, The required disk can not be found" I have been on the phone for 3 days with Apple support/ then I had to go down to the Apple store/ it worked just fine when they connected it to an Apple PC/ but I am using a HP that is using "Time Warner"....I have lost $30.00 in music downloaded from Itunes/ which they said I should have on my ipod shuffle (wrong)....I give up, some Christmas Present!

112. Posted by: Carrie on January 2, 2008 4:12 AM:

I am so pissed, after hours of searching I had finally figured it out and fixed the 3259 error, and then it came back so I tried to refix it and then the movie I was downloading just disappeared. I don't know what to do and i'm down ten bucks, apple sucks.

113. Posted by: Que on January 2, 2008 8:34 PM:

U should download an OLDER version of itunes.

114. Posted by: frank on January 6, 2008 10:59 PM:

PLEASE HELP W/ DOWNLOADING LATEST ITUNES ON MY PC I am getting an error message re. Win 32. If some one has the cure please respond ASAP.

115. Posted by: jack on January 8, 2008 11:56 AM:

hey, trying to download 'All That Remains live' getting the same error 3259! Been using itunes fine till now!! why me:(

116. Posted by: Feyza. on January 9, 2008 3:09 PM:

Ohkay i'm sick of this.
I really need to putt songs onto my new IPod Nano but it isn't working. I downloaded thatt new verison of ITunes but it sucks really bad. I needed to register in order to putt songs onto my Ipod but at the bottom of the screen, it came with no arrows for me to scroll left and click on register.
Thatt's a ridiculous problem and it shouldn't be happening.

PLEASE PLEASE Fix it.

117. Posted by: sarah on January 11, 2008 10:03 AM:

I just purchased the new ipod nano....I have spent the last three nights trying to download the itunes 7.5 and wjen I go on the site the section I need to click read "action Canceled". I can't even click the icon to begin downloading, any suggestions?
Please help me

118. Posted by: nick on January 16, 2008 12:38 PM:

Hey Guys all u have to do is uptade ur version of itunes, i had 7.5 and went to 7.6 and all my music videos and podcasts worked beautifully

119. Posted by: angie on January 18, 2008 5:45 AM:

hey, im downloading iTunes 7.6 because i just got the new iPod Nano 3 Gen. it's installing when suddenly it just starts "stopping services" and says it can't stop the necessary services and asks me to make it possible for them but i don't know how! someone help!

120. Posted by: louise on January 21, 2008 8:15 PM:

thanks everyone for all your suggestions, but i'm still getting the 3259 error. i dont have Mcafee and i dont use ie i use firefox. anyone know how to fix this??

121. Posted by: louise on January 22, 2008 1:29 AM:

please can some1 help me with this 3259 error i've turned off the firewall i tried downloading one song at a time - ive tried EVERYTHING thats been suggested here.. i'd really appreciate any other help anyone can offer.. been trying to dl this album for ages now and its driving me nuts!

122. Posted by: Mike on January 28, 2008 4:07 PM:

I am experiencing the same error 3259 Message when down loading pod casts .
Also some albums get to my ipod from the PC and the next time I sync they dissapear,but still remain on my pc,
perplexed

123. Posted by: Jaycee on February 10, 2008 5:48 PM:

Dan, you rock! I am on dial up and it still fixed my problem.

124. Posted by: JB on February 14, 2008 6:46 AM:

Anyone tried Dan's post #37 fix but using Norton AV? I've tried everything to no avail on this timeout issue

125. Posted by: yasmin on February 15, 2008 12:41 AM:

i cant download or instal ituns to my computer and i don't know why and every time i download i tuns it just dont work and i really need help

126. Posted by: Mark on February 15, 2008 4:05 PM:

I get message quicktime failed to initailize(error 2096) can anybody help?

127. Posted by: DJl on February 24, 2008 11:07 AM:

To tell you the truth, it's not Apple's fault. iTunes 7 is different than iTunes 6. You antivirus/spyware programs look at it as a completely different program. That's why that's why this happened after you went to iTunes 7. You may need to contact your ISP to see if they have the ports opened for iTunes store.

As for the error 2096, go to C:\Program Files\iTunes and right click on the itunes icon and go to properties. Then click on the compatibility tab and make sure "run in compatibility for" is unchecked. You may have to do the same for quicktime located in C:\Program Files\Quicktime.

128. Posted by: Kevin on February 25, 2008 4:08 AM:

Thanks Damien #96!!! I too had the 3259 error. I couldn't download itunes podcasts, youtube, larger files, etc. I don't have McAffee, CA, firewall off, etc. I tried EVERYTHING.

BTW, I recently bought a Belkin wireless g router, model:F5D7230-D ver. 7001.

After reading Damien's post, I called Belkin Tech Support. In less than 5 minutes it was fixed!

All they did was walk me through going into the routers config. through my web browser and under security, uncheck the 'FCP' box and save. That was it. No more problems!!!

Thanks again, Damien!

129. Posted by: anonymous on March 1, 2008 2:53 PM:

I got the error 3259 when downloading an episode of iCarly, I have vista and i can't remove IE7! Can anyone help me out?

130. Posted by: Jen on March 7, 2008 10:27 PM:

I just downloaded the newest iTunes update and when I restarted my computer it wouldn't accept my profile at restart. Please help. My second problem but I bet somehow related is I have a new Dell laptop with Vista and when I downloaded iTunes it wouldn't read anything that was on my iPod. I finally conviced it to accept my purchases but I really don't want to have to download all those CD's again.

I'm not sure if I should curse Apple or Vista. Could someone please guide me to a fix?

131. Posted by: Haley on March 19, 2008 12:24 AM:

I have the same question as JB #124. The fix in #37 seems to help people, but how do I fix the problem with Norton? I'm apparently having the same problem as everyone else.

132. Posted by: Brianna on March 21, 2008 2:41 PM:

i was trying to download itunes but it kept timing out so i was looking for a solution and i read #81 and it poddox works just fine thanx podload :)

133. Posted by: Ingrid on March 26, 2008 5:06 PM:

I just downloaded a dozen songs or so from Itunes on my near capacity Ipod Mini. I noticed that some of the songs were cut off. Just end abruptly in the midddle of the song. I have tried going on the Itunes site to see if they could troubleshoot this problem but I could not find where. Can anyone help. Should I reset my ipod and download the music again from my library?

134. Posted by: Andy on April 8, 2008 5:03 PM:

This is a breakdown of how to determine if a service is causing the problem 3259

Link

135. Posted by: Linda on April 20, 2008 7:16 PM:

Downloading songs from itunes has not been a problem for me in the past.....until this week! Very, very slow but they finally all came through. But I also downloaded (and of course, paid for) 3 music videos. The music came through okay, but NO VIDEO. Anyone have any suggestions? I HAVE downloaded the latest version.

136. Posted by: Naji on June 20, 2008 7:06 AM:

hey. i just downloaded itunes 7.6 but it seems there is some kind of problem. when i start the installation a small window pop up that says:this installation package could not be opened. contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer package. what should i do?
plz help

137. Posted by: dan on June 23, 2008 9:22 AM:

FWIW, I have iTunes 7.6, a Vista laptop, and TimeWarner's RoadRunner, and I was able to resolve this error by switching to openDNS. Doesn't make a lot of sense, because I have an XP machine on the same network that works fine, but the Vista laptop had problems. Once I switched to openDNS, it was all good. Your milage may very.

dan

138. Posted by: Emily on July 17, 2008 10:44 PM:

I purchased the movie Superbad and while downloading it had an error.

It said "parts of the file seem to be corrupted to redownload the file "check for store purchases" from the store menu."

I have tried to redownload it but everytime the same error alert appears.

I have already purchased it and now i can't even watch it! Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

139. Posted by: Mark on August 22, 2008 2:51 PM:

Im currently trying to download the newest software update (2.0) for my iPod touch, iv gone through the terms and conditions blah blah blah, download starts although Apple estimate a 30min download time, im currently on 38 hours. after about 10 mins im getting the 3259 error message.

140. Posted by: Alyssa on August 22, 2008 8:18 PM:

Okay, so I don't know if I have IE 7 and I don't have any McAfee stuff running. I am trying to download the Spring Awakening video podcasts and it isn't working. It says my connection has stopped when it hasn't. I tried to download another video podcast and it worked fine. Any help?

141. Posted by: andrew on September 11, 2008 5:40 AM:

Have just installed iTunes 8, hoping it would resolve the problem of updating my iPod Nano software without getting the dreaded error 3259. No such luck. Lots of bandwidth wasted before the error message appears yet again. This is a real weakness with Apple. They also need to learn how to do software updates that don't effectively re-install the whole program.

142. Posted by: Dar on September 14, 2008 5:44 PM:

Chances are it's an issue on apples side. We can't download from Quebec over bell sympatico.

143. Posted by: marc on September 14, 2008 7:59 PM:

Can only download about half the songs on any album. wether v7 or 8 of itunes.resigned myself to download to my phone and then transfer to my computer

144. Posted by: sarah on September 17, 2008 11:01 PM:

hey guys,
here's something you may want to try if all else fails. For PCs, restart your computer and immediately keep hitting the F8 button. Select run computer in safemode with networking option.
Then open itunes and all your stuff should download. A little slower than usual, but at least you'll get your stuff. If it works for you, spread the word.
-sarah

145. Posted by: Joe on September 25, 2008 9:33 AM:

Hi people,

I've also been having a bad time with iTunes and the poor download speeds. I run Norton Antivirus so #37 was no good to me but I have found a solution to the rest of you like me who want faster speeds.

Go to http://getautobahn.com/install which is a piece of software to speed up video and itunes downloads.

I was downloading a TV show of 470Mb and it took about 5 hours to get to 95Mb, I then downloaded the above and I'm at 246Mb in the last 2 minutes! Yay!

Make sure you re-boot itunes after installing...

146. Posted by: edward on September 25, 2008 2:08 PM:

i have itunes 8 on my mac in sweden, same error while downloading podcasts...have loads of bandwidth over just times out everytime...my next door neighbour cannot update his iphone because it constantly times out through itunes...love apple but this sux

147. Posted by: Joe on September 25, 2008 5:02 PM:

@ edward

Have you tried the autobahn link above it has solved my problem completely and it's free!

148. Posted by: Alice on October 2, 2008 7:16 AM:

It may not be relevant to any of your problems, but i had trouble downloading certain songs after purchasing. I found that if i changed my vista account from being a normal user to being an administrator the songs downloaded without a problem. Not sure why it worked but it did.

149. Posted by: iGabe on October 8, 2008 4:24 PM:

I'm dropping my Apple stocks, I just can't deal with this damn error 3259 message. They encourage you to upgrade and then the system is crap, doesn't work, no live help! APPLE WTF!!?? Fix this crap please I want to install my APPS so bad.

150. Posted by: tori on October 14, 2008 8:39 PM:

SORRY PPL THIS IS KINDA LONG BUT ITS THE WHOLE STORY...IF U CAN HELP ME PLZ DO...THANKS!
i dont have any problems like that i dont think...my problem is..is that when i download a song the itunes website shows that it is done downloading i then checked my ipod and none of the 15 songs i purchased were there. i waited for about another hour or so then checked again. so i unplugged it and plugged it back up...i still didnt have them...they never showed up until a few weeks later when i plugges it in again they were there...during those few weeks i had been using my ipod but the songs werent there...i tried to download some tonight and they havent been put on my ipod yet...im not a time-warner user..but if u have any help u could offer me i would really appreciate it!
thanks! =)

151. Posted by: Aaron on October 30, 2008 12:51 AM:

Prior to stopping the McAfee services, Remember -

Disabling McAfee's Redirector may also limit some of McAfee's anti-virus and firewall protection..

The "Redirector" services in McAfee security software may block certain Windows functions (such as DCOM) that programs like CTI Navigator require to send data securely over the Internet. To stop this interference:

1. From the Start button, click Run... (or press the Windows logo + R keys; or see note 1 below)
2. Type "Services.msc" (without quotes) in the "Open" box and press the Enter key .
3. The list of Windows services will appear. Scroll down to the "McAfee Redirector" service >
4. Right-click on the McAfee Redirector and click on "Stop". This should temporarily fix the problem during your current session of Windows.
5. To prevent the McAfee Redirector service from starting the next time you restart your computer, right-click on the McAfee Redirector > choose "Properties" > change the Startup type on the General tab from "Automatic" to "Disabled" (see note 2 below).
6. Contact McAfee support for further resolution of this problem (also see note 2 below).

Note 1. In Windows XP and Vista, you can select Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services instead of running services.msc. For a larger screen view, click the "Standard" tab. Then skip step 2 and continue with step 3 above.

Note 2. The current bug appears to be in McAfee's Privacy Service (and/or SpamKiller). An alternative to stopping the McAfee Redirector services would be to uninstall McAfee's Privacy Service (and SpamKiller, if installed) until its bug is fixed by McAfee.

* To uninstall individual components of the McAfee Security Center, go to Windows Control Panel > select Add/Remove Programs (in Windows Vista select Programs & Features) > select McAfee > Uninstall > chose the option to uninstall only specified components (such as Privacy Service and SpamKiller).
* To completely remove all McAfee security programs from your computer, download the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool from McAfee's web site (http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe) > click Run to unzip the tool > click Run again to run McAfee's Removal tool > re-start Windows (See "McAfee uninstall and reinstall tool with instructions" in related articles below for details).

Note 3. If your version of McAfee does not include a Redirector service, you may temporarily stop McAfee's Proxy Service (follow steps 1-4 above but select McAfee Proxy Service instead of Redirector) to determine if it is interfering with the Windows DCOM function.

152. Posted by: Gary on November 1, 2008 6:03 PM:

When purchasing from Itunes the download is in real time recently. Also when burning a CD it takes forever to burn. The worst of this is that the CD sounds like a recording of a scatchy old LP. I just downloaded the autobahn link, maybe this will help.

153. Posted by: Jane Smith on November 3, 2008 12:27 AM:

I tried the autobahn linked mentioned above but it didnt solve the network timeout problem on itunes

154. Posted by: Conor on November 5, 2008 11:13 AM:

Arrrrggghhh! This is such an annoying error, my Podcats will download fine, but my songs won't! And what if you don't have McAfee security? I have a built in Windows, one, and I don't know how to stop it.
APPLE YOU SUCK

155. Posted by: Dave on November 26, 2008 5:45 PM:

I get this error when I download movies or tv shows- stuff that's significant in size. In my humble experience, the only workaround is to go the proper folder where the file is downloaded, delete the partial download completely, and then to "Check for Available Downloads" and re-download the entire file.

Basically, I go into C:\My Music\iTunes\Downloads and delete whatever is in there.

After that, I usually get a successul download.

It's very inconvenient.

156. Posted by: Filloretta on November 29, 2008 8:32 AM:

hey Im trying to download iTunes for my iPod..but when i do push DOWNLOAD then my pc restarts :S
i dont know what to do.please if someone know something e-mail me :filloretta__@hotmail.com....plsss...Imm maddd(((

157. Posted by: Chris on December 25, 2008 7:03 PM:

I'm trying to do an update for my ipod and cannot due to this error.

I have disabled the firewall and AVG and still cannot update.

Their FAQ/HELP is useless.

I'm on Verizon FIOS for updating.

158. Posted by: Kate on December 31, 2008 8:54 AM:

I have no problem downloading songs, but any type of video takes several hours to download, and then stops a million times with an error message. This is really pissing me off, but it also makes me laugh. Anyone who thinks Apple products are top of the game are sadly mistaken.

159. Posted by: rachael on January 2, 2009 9:46 PM:

I purchased a used ipod nano first generation and tried to install itunes 8 setup and got to about 50% and a box popped up and said that my download was finished,so I clicked save and i received an error,"win32 publisher could not be verified" How do i bypass that? Or can i bypass that?? How do i solve my issue? I already saved it to my trusted web sites and I cleaned out my computer and restarted it.

160. Posted by: Diana on January 11, 2009 1:43 AM:

FIXED ERROR-39: Go to My Music and delete your .tmp files. I had corrupt files which kept itunes from downloading my purchased music. Try It!!

161. Posted by: david on January 26, 2009 8:45 PM:

I try to download songs on my windows vista, but everytime I do i get 5002 error. What do i do?

162. Posted by: Michael Schofield on February 16, 2009 11:32 AM:

Well i an downloading 92 tracks! Its downloading 3 at a time and taking 5 minutes after each download to process and put into my library! 3 have even gone missing and are not showing as downloaded or waiting either! What a mess

163. Posted by: Russ on February 21, 2009 4:36 PM:

yo. i just changed the settings on internet explorer. if you go to internet options and turn down the security setting to low, it started working for me. it isn't fast but my connection sucks right now. try that and hope it hleps.

164. Posted by: Speaker on February 24, 2009 3:24 PM:

EASY ANSWER - I kept finding issues with permissions, too, when downloading 4 new songs (similar problems posted all over the Web). I tried getting IE7 to allow Apple through as a trusted site, tried getting Trend Micro to quit treating ITunes as a hostile invader, and then I tried something new: I right clicked ITUNES in my program files and enabled "run as an administrator." It was solved instantly.

Windows Vista, IE7, experienced problem after migrating IPOD Classic Library onto computer, then having hard drive fail, and having to restore everything from my external Passport drive.

165. Posted by: fixed on April 10, 2009 7:50 AM:

hey. turn off your firewall and valla. :)

166. Posted by: remco on May 5, 2009 2:38 PM:

The problem -61 error is solved when you select an diferend map for itunes libery

167. Posted by: Mark on May 15, 2009 12:14 AM:

#59 worked for me. my iTunes stopped downloading podcasts when I tried to download more than one at a time. I installed the registery edit at the page he links to, and everything is back to downloading as it should.

I have not had the courage to try multiple downloads yet though, so they are downloading one at a time.

168. Posted by: Will on May 26, 2009 2:25 PM:

error 3253 the network connection was reset help i do not have McAfee or Internet Explorer and i have tried all the fixes so far to no avail

169. Posted by: flash on May 30, 2009 1:03 PM:

I am haveing problems downloading the new verison 8.1 every time i start it boots me off about half way through i was wondering if anybody could send me a email with that file already compressed or what else could i do

170. Posted by: flash on May 30, 2009 1:03 PM:

171. Posted by: flash on May 30, 2009 1:03 PM:

172. Posted by: flash on May 30, 2009 1:03 PM:

173. Posted by: pale_driver on June 1, 2009 12:59 PM:

itunes Error 3259 solved.
I got error 3259 too. According to Apple FAQ it's a firewall problem.
I made sure that windows firewall did not block itunes and opened port 3689 in my router-firewall. after that, itunes is working fine, no error 3259 anymore :-). If you use another firewall instead of windows firewall, you have to open port 3689 in this firewall too.

174. Posted by: harry on June 3, 2009 7:00 AM:

Ive turned off Firewall, turned my security on low and I dont have Mcafee, Im not sure what I have. It still doesnt work.
PALE_DRIVer - whats port 3689?? How do I do it?
Please help me, I dont know what to do!!!

175. Posted by: pale_driver on June 4, 2009 4:53 PM:

harry, have a look at this site: http://www.portforward.com/networking/whatisport.htm
Do you use a router to connect to the internet? if yes, you have to open port 3689 in its firewall. for testing purpose turn off windows firewall too.

176. Posted by: me on June 7, 2009 2:06 PM:

im getting the error 3259 when trying to download stuff from i tunes I did all the firewall thing what you said before and it still doesn't work
plzzzzzzz help
thanks

177. Posted by: Person on June 17, 2009 6:42 PM:

I was downloading movies for my trip to california and the error 3259 kept showing up. i kept on refreashing the download then i exited out of itunes hoping it would download faster and that didnt help it made it worse. the entire downloads tab on the side of itunes went away and when i go to store and download somthing the error code popped up....

178. Posted by: kimberlyinmn on June 17, 2009 10:16 PM:

I was running into error -3259 while downloading the version 3.0 update for my iPod Touch. This happened twice at about 4 seconds remaining. I uninstalled Internet Explorer, disabled my antivirus program (ESET Nod 32) and turned the Windows Firewall off. It worked! (I was skeptical that it would work because I did all of this WHILE downloading for the third time in iTunes.)

179. Posted by: Kim on June 22, 2009 7:45 AM:

I have experienced the .3259 issue as well. BUT only when attempting to download just a few episodes of the Moth Podcast. Other podcasts work fine, other episodes of the Moth Podcast download perfectly.. whats that about ???

180. Posted by: fixitplz! on June 26, 2009 5:20 PM:

look, i purchased a movie and it said it was downloading. but when i checked my movie library thing, there wasn't any movie there. it was freaking EMPTY. so can any1 help me fix this stupid problem? i

181. Posted by: matt on June 28, 2009 3:16 AM:

178. Posted by: kimberlyinmn on June 17, 2009 10:16 PM:

If you have this problem just turn off ESET Nod 32.. i just did it and it now works
WOOo

182. Posted by: ScnIINone on July 8, 2009 7:22 AM:

Dan #37 ur the man, the problem is with the network filter of the antivirus, just disable that and everything works like a charm...thanx for coming up with the solution

183. Posted by: Justin on July 24, 2009 8:41 AM:

After power cycling my router the port forwarding finally became active and my thirty something attempt finally worked.
Thanks.

184. Posted by: Nay Rae on September 5, 2009 1:52 PM:

I tried to download an album and three other songs with the album. Only 7 of them downloaded and the other 13 have been stuck downloading for 2 days. Can someone please help?

185. Posted by: Michele on September 6, 2009 10:17 AM:

I'm trying to download Itunes on my P.C, I, am on Dial up download time 12 hours and the line keep dropping half way through can anybody advice me , I don't want broadband any other way?????

186. Posted by: Judy on September 8, 2009 5:17 AM:

I cannot download itunes 8. the internet connection [modem] keeps getting cut off and then i have to start ALL OVER again, meaning another 20hrs tops. Any helpful suggestions please? There's also another problem, first it said it couldnt open my itunes [this was before i uninstalled the whole thing&decided to download itunes 8-the recent all over again]because it required all of its files. so now, here i am trying to download the whole thing all over again, but it keeps getting cut. any one help me please ? i really need someone's help please. .
thankyou

187. Posted by: Paul on September 10, 2009 2:46 PM:

Had this same problem with error 3259 and disabling my firewall for a few minutes worked fine to allow me to share my iTunes files using iTunes 9

188. Posted by: Patrick on September 11, 2009 9:39 PM:

Was having serious issues with downloading songs [(err= -50) and (err= -100000) where the messages I was getting and Apple had no idea what that meant], then I came to this forum and you saved me. Post #37 mentioned an issue with McAfee. I went and disabled McAfee to no avail. Then I remembered I have CyberSitter software because my kids use the PC. I disabled CyberSitter and $30 woth of music poured on thru. Thank you so very much!!!!

189. Posted by: Mary on September 20, 2009 2:40 PM:

I first downloaded the i-Tunes update and then tried purchasing an album--been at it two days now--only one of 15 songs downloaded. I don't think I will be using i-Tunes any more as I had this problem before when downloading Mozart's complete works--i expected it to take time but it got ridicualous. This time, I am constatly getting the timed out message.

190. Posted by: jeet seth on September 25, 2009 5:46 PM:

after i installed itunes...i cant download songs any more...each time i want to download a song ...i hav to uninstall itunes nd install it bak after im done wid the download !!...this is fukd up...sumbody help me out !!

191. Posted by: Angel on October 1, 2009 10:09 PM:

Dan # 37. You are awesome. I had been trying to download songs for a very long time and just gave up because of the error message. I followed your recommendation and it worked perfectly.

192. Posted by: rick on October 9, 2009 8:48 AM:

SOLVED! I had to uninstall and reinstall iTunes. It blew away my playlists but it solved the download problem, and it seems iTunes was hogging bandwidth as well.

All is good now. Also, I degraded from iTunes 9 to 8.1. Not sure if that was it but some form of re-install was in order.

193. Posted by: DCool on October 10, 2009 7:44 AM:

SOLVED
I had the same issue. Using Vista and latest iTunes.
UNCHECK ALLOW SIMULTANEOUS DOWNLOAD.
Resolved.

194. Posted by: Alesia on November 15, 2009 4:43 PM:

=(, I purchased a new ipod nano for my birthday and it is the newest generation of nanos, so it will only work if I download itunes 9. The problem is, I have dial-up and it take 12 hours. I've tried so many times but it will get half-way there and my internet connection will end and want to be reconected. I'm beginning to think that it is impossible! please help I haven't even gotten to use my new ipod yet!

195. Posted by: drake on November 23, 2009 3:20 PM:

Hi ALEASIA, I suggest you download a 'download manager' like orbit. get it from downloads.com. It can resume broken downloads if your connection disrupts. I hope this helps... Goodluck!

196. Posted by: Antwon D on December 2, 2009 4:35 AM:

I CANT GET THE UPDATED VERSION STARTED ALL THE WAY I RUN INTO AN ERROR THAT SAYS SERVICE IPOD SERVICE (IPOD SERVICE) FAILED TO START. VERIFY THAT YOU HAVE SUFFICIENT PRIVILEGES TO START SYSTEM SERVICES

197. Posted by: Sherry on December 4, 2009 10:03 PM:

THANK YOU AARON from #151!!!! I haven't been able to download songs since forever but hey, OK, I could still get the TV shows I wanted and that was better as I have NO TV where I live. But since I updated my iTunes NOTHING would download. I know that #151 is the same as #37 but I am NOT a computer savvy person so the details in #151 really helped. Thank you so much! Apple tried to help but they couldn't do anything since it was the McAfee program that was causing the problem.

198. Posted by: Beth on December 10, 2009 6:44 AM:

I'm trying to download itunes 9 and i have dial up. Its taking forever! I have had to restart the download 3 times already. Does anyone have any helpfl advice??

Thanks,
Beth

199. Posted by: Haylee Fleming on December 25, 2009 5:58 AM:

Ok recently i just purchased the movie Step Brothers on itunes, the download almost finished and then this little box popped up and said that there was a problem downloading "step brother" and it says that parts of this file is coruptited and that i need to go to the store menu and click check for avaible downloads, i clicked on that and then the download bar for the movie would stay the same for about a minute and then go right back to the screen saying that it stopped for error 8008 so idk what to do!! Plz help me! if you have any tips of know how to solve this problem plz email me at " Gobroncos101@hotmail.com" Thanks so much!! =]]

200. Posted by: Aaron on December 25, 2009 6:52 PM:

ok everyone is saying that post #37 is working for everyone and im sure it does because I have Mcafee and the same problem. But I have vista and vista doesn't have the run option. So I did a search for services.msc and found a bunch of mcafee services but none said redirector. ANY HELP!?!?!

201. Posted by: Becky on December 25, 2009 8:19 PM:

Hope someone can help me! I had itunes downloaded and it was working fine. One day I tried to burn a cd and it wouldn't detect my cd drive. Tech support fixed it but kept getting error message on itunes saying that I need to uninstall itunes and redownload it. It does everything except install the itunes. Gives strange error message and won't let me install itunes! My computer doesn't dectect when I plug in my ipod touch either! Any suggestions?

202. Posted by: Aricka on December 26, 2009 10:20 PM:

I'm trying to sync songs from my computer. My other computer let me turn on the home sharing feature. The computer I am currently on will not let me get on the itunes sotre or let me use the home share feature. It says that something may not be connected right with my Internet, but my Internet has been working fine all day. Somebody help me, i'm getting very frustrated.

203. Posted by: Robert on December 27, 2009 12:27 PM:

I have been trying to download a movie for the past two days with no success. I got the movie for christmas and it came with a digital copy. Instead of this meaning you can burn the dvd to your computer (which would make sense) you have to download it through media player or iTunes (which is what I am trying). I have gone through the process like the instructions said but it takes a few minutes to download a single mega-byte, and the system keeps timing out. Is there a way to stop the system from timing out or a way to make the movie download faster?

204. Posted by: Mal on December 27, 2009 5:23 PM:

I've had very similar problems. On itunes im trying to download a tv show and it has taken about 6 hours today and hasn't loaded one bit. anyone have any ideas to help? i've been stuck at my computer trying to fix it all day and no luck.

205. Posted by: bob on December 30, 2009 12:12 AM:

Hate to break the mold here but we are having the same problem with the 3259 error and fooled around with some of the ideas suggested above. We gave up and took the box over to another house with better hi speed service where it worked perfectly. My service is lousy and will soon be changed. Slows right down to nothing then starts up again. We figure that if itunes does not detect activity for some set time, it cuts off the request, perhaps to allow their server to serve other requests. Sacrifice the few to better serve the many. Conclusion - check your service speed.

206. Posted by: ann on January 2, 2010 2:13 AM:

Hi,sorry i have another problem. After i updated my itunes,i can no longer sync songs to my ipod anymore. The icon that used to appear when i plugged in my ipod that says `ann`s songs` does nt appear there when i plug my ipos in anymore. Help!

207. Posted by: Linda on January 2, 2010 9:28 PM:

TV show trying to download does not complete download and keeps going and going for days now. Is there any way to stop this? Deleting it does not work.

208. Posted by: Tim R on January 12, 2010 4:09 AM:

Aaron @comment #200: To get to services on Vista, just click the button thing that used to be named "Start" and type the word services in the area where the cursor jumps to (labeled "Start Search"). You should see the result "Services" at the top of the search results.

If your setup doesn't allow that, try right-click on the desktop icon for "Computer", choose "manage", and click services there, then look for the McAfee redirector in the list of services.

As a side note, iTunes is the first (and last) Apple software I have used. I can't believe there is a loyal customer base for that company.

209. Posted by: katherine on January 18, 2010 7:48 PM:

Like many of you I have experienced the losing music in the middle of a download from itunes. I have updated software, high speed connectivity, and experience this problem only when working with itunes. When I contacted the company for support I was told the problem I experienced was very rare. What a crock! I will never purchase another ipod again!

210. Posted by: David on January 30, 2010 2:11 PM:

I had the issue where all Mac updates would hang. I would then try and download iphone/itouch OS 3.1 from itunes and that would timeout without being able to resume. None of the fixes here worked but a couple of other mentioned issues with their belkin router. I did not have the settings that they said they changed. I then put my Mac in the DMZ to test and the down loaded all completed successfully. Looks like the belkin behaves weird with itunes and Mac Software update.

211. Posted by: Sara on February 1, 2010 5:45 PM:

hey,
I've been trying to download a movie for the past couple days from itunes, but the movie will not even start to download and it just gives me the err 3259. I go to auburn university which provides a network for the entire campus high speed. I've tried turning off my fire wall, updating itunes, I use firefox instead of IE, and for what ever reason i can still download songs at super high speed no problem.
any suggestions?

212. Posted by: Rick on February 17, 2010 7:04 AM:

I have been attempting to download songs from the itunes store, but continuously get err=-37 message. It also says that the file is invalid or too long. I am using itunes 9 and vista. Any ideas? No luck yet from apple - all of their troubleshooting ideas have been no good. I am wondering if this is an issue with vista conflicts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

213. Posted by: chriz on February 18, 2010 7:02 AM:

im havin a hell of alot trouble with itunes it never seems to be the same error either... the one that really es me off though is the one that just for no reason restarts the download from scratch and never finishes just wonderin if anyone else has this problem if u have a solution to this just post it please or email me a chriz123@ymail.com ty
SCREW APPLE

214. Posted by: Fred on May 31, 2010 12:15 AM:

Just tried to download Miracle at St Anna and my itunes is telling me it will take 2.6 years to download??? What's up with that??? then it recycles back to one hour and quickly jumps through 8000 hours and continues to climb. I successfully downloaded other items just to see if it was my computer or connection and they worked. I rebooted. still having the problems.